Reason To Worry For Aerosmith Ticket Holders?

2 33

The latest injury to put the brakes on the current Aerosmith tour is reported to be minor in nature, but seems to have created some confusion about the status of the tour. It has been announced that tonight’s show in Winnipeg has been Steven Tyler Photo From Aeroforceone.compostponed to allow for Tyler’s recovery, and fans holding tickets to other shows may be wondering if Winnipeg will be the last postponement for the tour.

There is no word on whether Tyler has been released from the hospital yet, but believe it or not, internet rumors have been circulating that suggest the Aerosmith vocalist has died. There are no credible reports that Tyler has died and it’s probably just something that someone decided to start just to see how far it would go.

Regardless of whether we see more postponements or not, this has to be one of the most (if not the most) injury-plagued tours in the history of rock. I certainly would not blame them if they decided that this was their last tour. Perhaps they are beginning to feel like someone is trying to tell them something.

More than likely, Tyler is just feeling a bit sore from his tumble off the catwalk at the Sturgis show and may need a few days to recover. Hopefully, he will be exercising a little more caution onstage when the tour resumes. A torn leg muscle and a fall within such a short period of time may be an indication that the 61-year-old rocker should slow things down just a bit.


  1. Janet Griffin August 9, 2009 at 4:07 pm

    I was at this concert….It was going really well until the power died during Love In An Elevator…Steven kept singing and came out on the catwalk and did his trademark little shuffle dance.and then slipped and fell…The show stopped and then about half an hour later Joe Perry came out and announced that the show was done because Steven was on his way to the hospital.I heard he broke his coller bone.. Needless to say that was a total bummer for us fans…Hope he is ok.

    • Real Rock News August 9, 2009 at 5:44 pm

      Thanks for that first-hand report, Janet. Always nice to hear from someone who was close to the situation.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *